Saturday, April 26, 2008

This Little Tool Is Too Cool...


I had the pleasure of getting together with a group of fellow metalsmiths at one of their studios in Pennsylvania recently. Rina, the hosting metalsmith, loaned me one of her tools to square off the ends of a piece of bezel wire that I was preparing to join. It is a Miter Cutting Jig & Vice used to either cut or file clean 90 degree or 45 degree angles on metal wire, sheetstock or tubing. I was immediately smitten by this little contraption...being the toolaholic that I am...I asked where I could get one! Well here is where they can be found, but oh my...one these cost more than my torch...that is unless I go for the economy model. Hmm, if I opted for the economy model and had to replace it some years down the road, I could still buy another and not have spent more than the mid-range model...oh yes, I need to take this option into serious consideration!!!
While searching for more information on this tool I came across some instructions on how to use it. Although there aren't any illustrations these instructions are very descriptive an would be easy to follow with tool in hand.

No comments: